The Wiki Archive:Archiving pages from a wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Wiki Archive is a wiki dedicated to the preservation of articles deleted from all wikis. The best part is that you can help us archive! Here is how:
- Visit the candidates for deletion category on the wiki of your choice.
- Select the page you want to archive.
- Copy its name. You can do this by highlighting the name and pressing Ctrl+C at the same time.
- Open up a new tab and go to this wiki.
- Type the wiki's name and a colon after it into the search box. Do not use spaces. For example: "Wikipedia:" or "Wikipedia Draft:". Paste the page for archiving's name after it. Here is how it should look: "Wikipedia:Lipsum".
- If the page is archived on here already, go back to step 1 and choose a different page. If not, click the red link.
- Go back to the page for archiving on the wiki of your choice and click the Edit tab or button.
- Click in the edit field, press Ctrl+A to select the content, and then press Ctrl+C to copy it.
- If you clicked the red link after following step 5, you're on the right track! Now press Ctrl+V to paste the page's content in the edit box.
- Click Save.
Congratulations! You just archived a page!